22 Jun NEOCON RECON: KNOLL
Partnering with Knoll means always staying on our toes. They consistently present new products designed for the ever-changing contemporary workplace. Some of us here at AOS were able to explore and experience some of those designs at NeoCon 2015. Knoll introduced award-winning designs Pixel™, Prism™ and the KnollTextiles Adjaye Collection at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago last week. Horsepower™ and Pop Up™, designs that support collaboration, also debuted.
The Knoll showroom revolves around the theme the office network, which builds on the company’s r/evolution workplace platform. The office network explores the relationship between social networks in the workplace and the spaces and technology that support them. Something driving many of Knoll’s new designs is the emphasis placed on the unity between the social, physical and electrical power in the workplace. The featured showroom focuses on providing solutions to support videoconferencing at various scales and activity spaces with screen sharing technologies like Cisco and AppleTV. After seeing these products first-hand, we are confident that through Knoll’s expertise in connecting people, technology and place, we will be able to increase efficiency and flexibility with style.
New product releases at Knoll’s NeoCon showroom include:
- Horsepower™ by Antenna Design offers a place to sit and recharge, a structure for whiteboards and video displays, and an efficient technology channel defining group workspaces. It can be customized with mobile or independent modules with plug-in power. Options for desk supports, suspended storage, and modesty/privacy panels are available.
- Pop Up™ by Antenna Design enables users to shape their surroundings. The screen dividers provide instant privacy for primary and shared spaces. The screens can be mounted to a work surface where it acts as a flexible alternative to permanent screens.
- Pixel™ by Marc Krusin is a collection of flexible and architecturally inspired meeting tables. They are designed for people to think, learn and work comfortably. Pixel features a patent-pending flip mechanism that makes it simple to attach, separate and nest tables for a variety of meetings and training applications. Five base options are available.
- Prism™ by David Adjaye is a new addition to his 2013 Washington Collection™. His first venture into lounge furniture for Knoll is a set, which includes a club chair, an ottoman and a side table.
- The Barber Osgerby Lounge Chair is a lounge chair designed by British duo Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby. Its unique silhouette and innovative aluminum structure offers flexibility and lightness. It is available in a range of fabric and leather coverings and can be set in a high or low back.
With so many new designs being introduced it’s no wonder Knoll took home some hardware. Knoll is the recipient of three 2015 Best of NeoCon awards from Contract Magazine: Pixel™ won Best of NeoCon Gold in the Table: Training and Work category; Prism™ won the Best of NeoCon Editor’s Choice recipient for Lounge; From KnollTextiles, The Adjaye Collection by David Adjaye is the recipient of the Best of NeoCon Gold for Upholstery.