30 Jan There’s a New Chair in Town: JumpSeat by Sedia Systems
Stadium seating is pretty standard: bulky, uncomfortable, and aesthetically dull. Reimagining a well-known chair poses a few obstacles. How would it support great weight and virtually disappear when not in use? Because we vie for sustainability and customization when it comes to our products, we were happy to be shown one at our showroom. Exuding clean, modern lines and born in Portland, OR, this is the JumpSeat by Ziba Design.
JUMPSEAT – ZIBA DESIGN
Made of plywood and steel, designers were inspired by the human spine and cantilevered structures. It is available in three different styles which is optimal in today’s education, healthcare, and corporate markets. The JumpSeat can be customized through a wide variety of colors in the choice of fabric or felt. Wood surface options come in a standard, stained, or premium veneered finish.
- Flex Spring Seat: positioned without hinges or hardware, employing a series of plywood slats
- Strength: has been tested to hold 600 pounds
- Layout Options: straight or curved row configurations, on flat, sloped or tiered floors
- Comfort: 1” upholstered fixed seat and back cushion
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN FEATURES
- NAUF Plywood: manufactured from No Added Urea-Formaldehyde (NAUF) birch plywood
- Microban® Antimicrobial Product Protection: incorporating this into the wood finish provides an added level of protection against damaging microbes such as bacteria, mold and mildew that can cause stains, odors and product deterioration
Buildings Product Innovations Award
Azure AZ Awards Finalist
Architizer A+ Awards Winner